Apple Cinnamon Caramel Ganache
February 13, 2016
This delicious combination of chocolate, cream, apple, cinnamon and caramel creates a perfect fall flavor that will have everyone talking!
- Heavy Cream | 350g
- Apple Juice Concentrate | 150g
- Cinnamon Sticks | 2
- Sugar | 200g
- Water | 20g
- Glucose | 25g
- Apple Juice Concentrate | 25g
- Milk Chocolate | 200g
- Dark Chocolate | 400g
- Unsalted Butter | 50g
- Dark Chocolate | 850g
- Colored Cocoa Butter Alabaster White
- Colored Cocoa Butter Blank Oynx
- Colored Cocoa Butter Crimson Red
- Combine cream, apple juice concentrate and cinnamon sticks in a heavy gauge stock pot and bring to heavy simmer. Cover pot tightly and allow to rest.
- Combine sugar, water and glucose in a heavy gauge stockpot and begin to cook.
- Add apple juice concentrate when water and other ingredients are completely incorporated.
- Cook to sugar mixture to 185º C (365º F) and deglaze with above mixture. (Make sure to remove cinnamon sticks prior to adding to caramel.)
- Heat caramel and cream mixture until completely smooth in texture.
- Pour caramel sauce over chocolate and blend with an immersion blender.
- Add butter and blend again.
- Cast shells of bars with tempered chocolate.
- Fill shells with ganache when temperature of ganache reaches 31º C (88º F), pipe into cavities.
- Cap bars with remaining chocolate after ganache sets completely.
This recipe will yield approximately 49 bars of mould I-1442 (seven moulds).
Decorate using colored cocoa butters and airbrush. We recommend using colors: Blank Oynx, Crimson Red and Alabaster White.