Recipe Demo with Chef Brian: Pâte de Fruit
Live Pâte de Fruit Demo from the Innovation Center:
The second in our new series of live recipe and technique demos, this delicious Pâte de Fruit recipe is perfect for the spring and summer months. This particular demo was done using raspberry puree from Boiron, but other puree flavors would work as well.
The recorded live stream and the recipe used in the demo can be viewed below. Also, make sure to stay tuned to Tomric’s social media for future recipe live streams and technique demonstrations.
Recipe Demo Video:
Pate de Fruit
Corn Syrup 481g
Pectin by Burke Candy
1:1 Citric Acid Solution 3.75g
1. Warm the puree (we used Boiron raspberry).
2. Combine the sugar and pectin in a bowl and mix.
3. Add the sugar/pectin mixture to the puree and completely incorporate.
4. When mixture nears boil add corn syrup (or glucose).
5. Cook to 220-224 degrees Fahrenheit.
6. Remove from heat and stir in citric acid solution.
7. Pour into frame set on silpat and allow to cool.