- Heavy Cream | 202g
- Milk | 51 g
- Liquid Glucose | 10g
- Vanilla Bean | 1 each
- Egg Yolks | 3 each
- Sugar in the Raw | 20g
- Dark Chocolate | 125g
- White Chocolate | 250g
- Dark Chocolate | 390g
- White Chocolate | 170g
- Combine cream, milk and glucose in a heavy gauge saucepot.
- Scrape vanilla bean and add seeds and pod to cream mixture.
- Whisk yolks and sugar together. (The sugar will not fully emulsify at this time.)
- Place first quantities of chocolate in a bowl.
- Begin to heat the cream mixture and when hot, temper egg mixture with cream.
- Continue to cook cream and egg mixture until temperature reaches 70° C (160° F).
- Pour cream mixture over chocolates and remove vanilla bean.
- Combine cream mixture and chocolate until smooth using an immersion blender.
- Cover with plastic wrap and allow to cool to 30° C (85° F).
- Temper second quantity of dark chocolate and form cavities – this process will require more than the 390 g, that quantity is a finished weight.
- Fill cavities with Chocolate Crème Brulee ganache when temperature of ganache reaches 30° C (85° F).
- Allow ganache to crystallize.
- Temper second quantity of white chocolate and cap cavities – this process will require more than the 170 g, that quantity is a finished weight.
- Place moulds in a cool environment until chocolate shells crysataiize and unmould chocolates.
This recipe will yield approximately 120 pieces of mould I-1387