Warm 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter in a microwave until slightly pourable, about 20 seconds. Combine the peanut butter with 1 tablespoon of peanut oil and 1 cup of Velvety Smooth Milk Chocolate Ganache and mix with an electric mixer until thoroughly blended.
Makes about 2 pounds of ganache
Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
Cooling time: 2 hours
Chilling time: 3 to 4 hours
- Large, heavy saucepan (3 quarts or larger)
- Plastic sealable storage container
- 1-1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1-1/2 pounds of milk chocolate (at least 32 percent), chopped
- In a large, heavy saucepan, bring the cream to a boil over a medium-high heat. Remove the pan from heat.
- Immediately add the chocolate to the pan and whisk until smooth.
- Set aside for about 2 hours to cool completely, whisking every 15 minutes or so to keep the ganache emulsified.
- When cool, transfer the ganache to a rigid plastic or glass container, cover, date, and refrigerate overnight before using.
- Ganache will keep refrigerated for up to three months.
Cream doubles in size when it is brought to a boil; be sure to use a large enough saucepan. For 1-1/2 cups of cream, you will need a 3-quart saucepan or larger.
The Easy Fill Despositing Machine, shown below, is an easy way to fill shell moulded praline with ganaches.