Decorating the Mould
This procedure uses Heart Praline Mould I-1526, as well as 3 colored cocoa butters. We used Alabaster White (CF-3260), Rose (CF-3295) and Red Ruby (CF-3296), but the techniques described below can be used with nearly any harmonious color combination.
- Step 1: Melt colored cocoa butter to between 88-91 F
- Step 2: Using a gloved finger decorate one half of mould with a swipe
- Step 3: Using scotch tape, cover half of cavity
- Step 4: Airbrush mould with solid color
- Step 5: Remove tape and remove excess colored cocoa butter
- Step 6: Spray entire cavity with white colored cocoa butter
- Step 7: Remove excess colored cocoa butter
- Step 8: Allow cocoa butter to crystallize
Making the Ganache
Ingredients: For Shell Molding
- Veliche 64% | 300g
Ingredients: For Ganache
- Veliche 64% | 292g
- Tahini | 128g
- Vanilla Paste | 1.4g
- Cinnamon | 1/2 tsp
- Almond Milk | 234g
- Cloves | 18 pcs.
- Honey (local) | 46g
- 4 filled moulds (84 pieces)
- Temper 1st quantity of chocolate and shell mould hearts
- Put second quantity of chocolate, tahini, vanilla paste, and cinnamon in a large bowl, set aside.
- In a heavy bottomed saucepan, put almond milk, cloves, and honey on low/medium heat and wait to boil.
- When boiling, pour onto chocolate. Let mixture rest for approximately a minute.
- Using a whisk, emulsify. Cover ganache tightly with plastic wrap and cool to 87°F.
- Place ganache in a piping bag and pipe into shell molded hearts.
- Allow ganache to completely crystallize in shells, usually overnight.
- Cap shells with tempered chocolate and refrigerate until pieces can be removed from moulds.